How to test normality with the Kolmogorov-Smirnov Using SPSS
How to test normality with the Kolmogorov-Smirnov Using SPSS | Data normality test is the first step that must be done before the data is processed based on the models of research, especially if the purpose of the research is inferential. Normality test is intended to determine the distribution of the data in the variable that will be used in research. Data were good and decent used in research is normally distributed data. To know the research data is normally distributed or not, can be done with the Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality test Using SPSS.
Decision-making process in the normality test with Kolmogorov-Smirnov
- If the value Asymp.Sig. > 0.05, then the data is normally distributed research.
- If the value Asymp.Sig. <0.05, then the research data is not normally distributed.
Test Sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality by Using SPSS
A company manager wants to know whether the competence of employees’ affects performance is the company he heads. For the manager of the collected data Competence and Performance of 40 samples of employees. The research data as shown below.
Download the complete data
Before the effect of competence on the performance of the employer (Regression Test), then the first step to do is to test whether the research data collected normal distribution or not normal.
Step by Step Test of normality with the Kolmogorov-Smirnov Using SPSS
1. Turn on the SPSS program and select the Variable View, next, in the Name write Competency and Performance. Ignore the other options.
2. The next step, click the Data View and enter research data in accordance with the competence and performance variables.
3. Next, from the SPSS menu select Analyze, then click the Non Parametric Test and then click Legacy Dialogs, then click 1-Sample KS
4. Then a new dialog box will appear with the name of the One-Sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test, and then insert variables into the box Competence and Performance Test Variable List, the next on the Test Distribution select Normal
5. The last step click on Ok to terminate the command, after which it will appear SPSS output, as follows
Interpretation of Results Output Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality test
Based on the output of One-Sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test, the value of the variable Asymp.Sig Competition An Asymp.Sig value of 0.406 and performance variables of 0.740. In accordance with the basic decision-making in the normality test, the value Asymp.Sig all study variables> 0.05, it can be concluded that the data Competency and Performance Normal distribution.
Next: Step By Step To Test Linearity Using SPSS
[Keywords: How to test normality with the Kolmogorov-Smirnov Using SPSS | How to Conduct Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality in SPSS | Step By Step Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality in SPSS | Tutorial Kolmogorov-Smirnov normality in SPSS with SPSS Software Complete]
[Image: Data SPSS Version 21]
[Source: Summarized from various sources]